Mulberry, Middleburg, VA
|Category||Status||Location||Lot Acreage||Price||MLS #|
|Commercial||For Sale||Middleburg, VA||75.00||$6,900,000||Not in MLS|
75 acres in Middleburg with a stunning 8,500 sf building currently is used as offices for a non-profit organization. The Loudoun County zoning for Rural Corporate Retreat allows many diverse uses for this immaculate facility. This premier property underwent extensive renovations in 2010, with architectural designs prepared by Middleburg architect Tim Clites and construction by Horizon Builders. Gorgeous views of the Blue Ridge Mountains create a stunning setting. The potential to convert back to a residential purpose was considered during the construction. The permitted uses under Loudoun County are listed below.
Rural Corporate Retreat: A use, compatible with agriculture, horticulture, animal husbandry, open space and/or historic preservation, which is engaged in the study, testing, design, invention, evaluation, or development of technologies, techniques, processes, or professional and consulting services, and education and training related to such advances and services. Rural Corporate Retreats may be utilized for basic and applied research services and education wherein the inquiry process is conducted in a manner similar to that of institutions of higher learning or management consulting firms. Rural Corporate Retreat facilities may include facilities for associated training programs, seminars, conference, and related activities.
Some of the extensive renovations are below:
- updated the exterior and modernized and expanded the interior all with top of the line building systems with an emphasis on energy efficiency, low-maintenance and enhanced views.
- Floor space was expanded to include seven offices, a conference room, kitchen and new galley kitchen, all while improving the flow of the house and opening it up to light and scenic views through custom-fabricated doors and windows.
- Crown molding and wide oak hardwood floors throughout.
- Classic slate and copper roofing accent the old-world white-washed brick.
- Professionally landscaping.
- All electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems were replaced, and the entire building, from attic to crawl space, is a sealed, conditioned space with controlled temperature and humidity levels.
- The heating and cooling systems are energy-efficient units designed to meet the needs of up to 15 employees, and allow customization through 9 separate comfort zones.
- Heating is achieved through three commercial steam boilers that provide even, moist heat, as well as hydronic floor heating in the conference room. An additional hydronic heating system melts snow and ice off of the two sidewalks.
- The building is wired with a scalable telephone system, T1 data lines and ports to support modern internet and media needs, and is satellite- and/or cable- ready.
- An extensive alarm system gives peace of mind and a driveway sensor alerts occupants to the arrival of visitors.
- New commercial well and septic systems service the site, as well as a large propane generator capable of running the entire building during extended power outages. A lightning protection system has also been added.
- The property includes a two bedroom guest cottage completely updated in 2010.